Tuesday, December 9, 2008

16 Random Things (plus some)

I have copied this list from my Facebook. It is a bunch of random statements about me. I hope you enjoy...


1. I have wanted to be a missionary since I was about 8 years old. I was just too afraid to admit it. (Plus, I kinda wanted to make some money at some point in my life, but I figured out this was more important.) Interestingly, I want to do mission work in South America BUT... I have never been there and I don't speak any Spanish.

2. I am in love with the most amazing woman in the world. She has the greatest heart, and I love the way that she looks at the world. It amazes me to hear her get excited about little things that I don't think about. And I love hearing her pray.

3. I love soccer. I started playing when I was 4, and I kept playing off and on until now. I am also a soccer referee and have been for the last 5 years, but I don't enjoy it at all. There's not enough money in the world for me to enjoy getting yelled at, although the amount they pay me is close.

4. I have always wanted to be in the military. I came close to going to the Air Force Academy; I almost became a Naval Chaplain a year ago; and I still think about it at times. BUT... Megan tells me I can't.

5. My favorite sports teams (in no particular order) are: Tennessee Titans; Tennessee Vols (football); Memphis Tigers (basketball). But I also find myself cheering for the Kansas Jayhawks (since I work here.) But can I tell you a secret? I would give all of them up for the chance to attend a Manchester United game in Old Trafford.

6. I like pets. I think dogs would be fun to have around, in theory, but I am not a dog person. And you think I am kidding. I don't like petting them, holding them, playing with them, walking them... About the only ones I can stand are Beanie and Beaker.

7. I am a huge JAG fan. I know it's cheesy at times, but I still find myself watching it all the time.

8. I would rather climb a mountain than go to the beach any day.

9. I really want to write a book, but I have so many things I want to write about and not enough gumption to actually get up and do it. I do have a couple of ideas, though. Hmm...

10. My greatest heroes: My dad; John Moore; Joe Cannon; Craig Phillips. There are a couple of others,

11. I have always enjoyed Civil War history. I was supposed to participate in a CW Reenactment this weekend, but the guy letting me borrow a uniform could no longer make it. I was pretty bummed. Yes, I am a dork, but I am ok with that!

12. I love to learn. I always have. I will probably be a lifelong student. I want a PhD, but I could also see myself getting a couple of Master's degrees too, or at least continually learning new things. And I am not picky; I enjoy learning languages, history, current events, music, cooking, sports...

13. I was pretty intimidated by girls until college. I had the biggest crush on one of my best friends all the way through high school but never told her. But... I did a LOT of dating in college. And I had a lot of fun.

14. I am not a car person. I barely even notice them. I have friends who say, "Wow! Did you see that _______________? (fill in the blank with an amazing car: Porche, Corvette, Jag, Lambourghini, etc.)" The answer will always be, "I never even saw it." Sorry, fellas: Just not a car guy. I get more excited about tools.

15. I love giving gifts, but not receiving them.

16. If I could visit anywhere in the world, here's the list: Ireland, Scotland, Argentina, China, Israel. There are tons of others, but right now those are the top five.

Bonus Facts:
1. I love helping people, but I get really cynical when helping people who randomly come into my office.
2. I often wear the same pair of jeans for a LOOOOOOOOOONG time. And I do mean long. But... I won't ever wear the same pair of running shorts twice without washing them. Weird, huh?
3. Every time I say "Rock, Chalk, Jayhawk" on the inside I am quietly yelling, "GO MEMPHIS!!!"
4. I am a sap, and I really like chick-flicks. Sue me.
5. I like going to the symphony. I enjoy classical music, as long as it isn't too contemporary. The newer guys sound like moose in heat.

No comments: