Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Update

I have tons I am thinking about, but I decided I wanted to take a different track. I just wanted to give you a couple of quick updates on my life:

- Megan and I are still plugging away at our wedding plans. We have picked a cake, food, colors, flowers, bridal party people, invitations, registry items, and we are setting up our showers with those hosting them. Megan has a dress, and they have picked out bridesmaid dresses. All we have left (for now) is music and tuxes. Go us!

- Life is good at KU, just trying to figure out how to stay on top of things. I am working hard, on our ministry search committee, doing things almost every night of the week... I write three lessons a week, I am in the office, I spend three days a week on campus, I am planning weekend activities and retreats, mission trips and service projects, Bible studies, ministry search committee problems, etc. I rarely ever get to stop and simply have time to myself. But, as someone recently told me, I really only work two days a week for an hour each time. What an easy job I have. Gotta love my life!

- I am going to participate in my first Civil War Reenactment in February. I am excited to go and spend time in the field with these guys. Yes, I know that makes me a dork. I don't care.

- I am missing school like crazy. I miss learning each day and having to expand my knowledge. I miss walking in with an open mind and being challenged to read Scripture differently. I can't wait to do more school. I know, I am weird.

- I am trying to learn Spanish right now. Well, I just started yesterday. Pray that it goes well!

I am sure there is more going on, but that is it for now. Be blessed!