Friday, June 20, 2008

A New Addiction...

It is shameful to admit, but I have an addiction. I am not sure how to handle it, but I have been without my fix for the last four days and I am really starting to feel the effects. I am having a withdrawal (of sorts), and I am not sure how much longer I can go without another taste...

My addiction is the Food Network. I simply cannot get enough. People taking everyday ingredients (or the weirdest stuff on the planet I wouldn't even imagine putting into my mouth) and making the most incredible looking meals. I make steak, salad and potatoes; they make garlic and horseradish encrusted NY Strip Steak topped with sauteed mushrooms, a bleu cheese topped salad of fresh greens and potatoes al gratin that simply would make a Stoic weep with delight.

The resident Wizards of the Order of the Golden Spatula include such culinary greats as Bobby Flay, Emeril Legasse, Rachel Ray, and (my personal favorite) Giada de Laurentiis (who is a total hottie). It is amazing what they can do with immense creativity and so little effort. I am envious!

By the way, if anyone DOES have a great idea for what I can cook Megan tomorrow night, please let me know...

No comments: