Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Message from the land of Toto, Dorothy, and the Wizard

I have now become a Jayhawk. It is official. Although I guess I am not totally a Jayhawk because I definitely went to bat for the Memphis Tigers tonight against those who wore the National Champions shirt. Sigh... Free throws will kill you.

Today was difficult, having my family leave me. It has set in that I am in a new phase of my life. I am living in a place where I have no set length of stay and no set time before I leave. This phase is completely foreign and new to me, and I am not sure how to handle it. I am applying for a new license, changing my insurance, etc. It's insane how much work you have to go to in order to simply live in a new place!

I am also missing Megan like crazy. She is busy with Wildcat Warm Up (WWU), an extended program at K-State. Yes, I am dating a rival in the Big Twelve. I also get harassed for this ALL OF THE TIME! But she is so amazing. I cannot wait to see her again this weekend. We plan to spend time eating dinner, watching movies, and packing her apartment. I just got done UNPACKING, and she starts with the packing. At least we can use the same boxes. Megan is about to leave for five weeks in Japan. For the last six months we have been apart, and I am excited to be able to be around her for longer periods of time now. Plus, it won't cost us $300 to see each other from now on! Whoo hoo! But first we have to endure five weeks of being an ocean apart. This is gonna be INCREDIBLY tough, but I am sure we will get through it with flying colors. She is one amazing woman!

Hope you guys are having a wonderful day... God bless you!

No comments: